Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome

I am always puzzled about how to introduce myself so I will do it quite simply.

Hi. :) My name is Brandy and I am a sold-out Jesus freak. I am a single mom to an amazing little boy. I work full time at a career I love for two amazing bosses that support me in all that I do, both professionally and personally.

Before I begin, allow me to explain the name of my blog by using the definition of each word. (Definitions brought to you by Dictionary.com)

Modern
–adjective
1. of or pertaining to present and recent time; not ancient or remote: modern city life.
2. characteristic of present and recent time; contemporary; not antiquated or obsolete: modern viewpoints.

The Bible is the best seller of all time. According to Bibleresources.com, the Bible has been translated into 2,018 languages with countless more partial translations. The Bible never goes out of fashion like a dress does, it does not become obsolete because someone else has come out with another book that may top it (though MANY have tried), and it holds the esteem of being the first book ever printed on the "modern" printing press in 1454 A.D.

Mosaic
–noun
1. a picture or decoration made of small, usually colored pieces of inlaid stone, glass, etc.

It can be said that a human being is made up of his or her experiences. If you were to ask me who I was as a person, I would say that I am many things: A Christian, a mom, an employee, a manager, a sister, an aunt, a volunteer, a creative individual, a sand volleyball fanatic, someone who likes to make a joyful noise (who cannot carry a tune in a bucket). I have hurts and struggles and joys. I am who I am because of the gifts God has imparted to me and the experiences I have had in the last 31 years.

Mom
–noun
1. a female parent.

Well, that is kind of self explanatory. I am a mom. I gave birth to my son 5 years ago and it was the second most awe inspiring moment I have lived through. The first is the day I accepted God as my Lord and Savior. Some people may disagree with me, but I am okay with that. God is the reason for who I am and what I have. My son changed my life forever, but God changed my life first.

This is my journey. I welcome your input/comments/suggestions and I look forward to getting to know you as you get to know me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Brandy! I was glancing at who else in Euless had blogs (I can get to a list by clicking on "Euless" in my profile), and saw yours, so I decided to pop in and say Hi and Welcome to blogging! I also live here in Euless (I'm a 46-year-old female). I really hope you keep posting. I have enjoyed reading what you've had so far.

    And keep trusting in God! In every trial, every battle, he has already conquered and won. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Doni! Thanks for visiting! God has put this blog on my heart for the last three years, to the extent that I had this blog created and inactive until a few days ago. I don't know who God needs me to reach with this, but I'm following His lead and leaving the consequences up to him. :)

    I did peek at your blog. I don't know much about Catholocism, but I will definitely be following you and learning more. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way to do it. Jesus said, "Follow me" but he almost never gives us a detailed itinerary of his plans for each individual. We just trust him (and I'll be the first to admit I don't always do that).

    What you are doing, just sharing your walk with God, is a tremendous witness in itself. God doesn't need great religious experiences to do his work. He is very much a part of the ordinary life of his children. Your daily life, at home, with your son, or on the job, or even a trip to the grocery story, are all part of what we hand over to God. It seems that is already what is on your heart, so begin there. :-)

    ReplyDelete