Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Delight

Today I will delight myself in the Lord!

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I felt urged to be thankful to God for what He has put in my life. So I thanked Him for my son, for Him coming into my heart, for my job, for my house, for my vehicle, for making me whole and filling in those places that the world likes to tell me I'm not good enough when, truly, I am.

In my quiet time this morning, I came across Isaiah 1:19-20: "If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; but if you resist and rebel, you will be devoured by the sword."

I don't want to be devoured by the sword. Frankly, that sounds painful. I know it isn't necessarily taken in the literal sense. The "sword" could be sexual immorality, overeating, lying, stealing, hatred, anger, jealousy, bitterness, coveting (James 4:1-3 "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.") ....the list could go on. I don't want to be the one that my friends say, "She had so much promise..." or "It's just too bad..."

Today, I stand in victory. Today, I have dominion over the things of the earth instead of the earth having dominion over me. God has restored me and set my feet upon the path HE would have me go.

Have a wonderfully blessed day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment