Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What if....What if....What if....

Last night I went to small group and we were looking at 1 Corinthians 8-16. After reading chapter 15 out loud, we started discussing what heaven would look like. Not that any of us can imagine what it will be like, but we each threw a bit of ourselves into it.

I had to leave early, and as I was on my way home (and thankful for the extended drive), I just started asking God to give me a glimpse of what that will look like. Of course where He leaned on my heart was not a physical place, but questions started flowing...

What would it look like for no hatred to exist? No hurts from the past, no anger, no frustration? How would I act? How would I look? What would it look like for me to not have these learned behaviors that are detrimental and self depreciating? No more little doubts whispering in my ear, no more echos from the past telling me I'm not good enough? No more insecurities to hold me back? .....

What would it look like for me to be completely surrendered of myself?

That is the big question right there. That's what God asks us to do - give up ourselves and serve Him and His purposes. What would I look like, how would I feel, and how would I act if I were completely surrendered and not serving anything other than God?

Well, that's the million dollar question that I'm pondering on. What does that look like and how can I die to myself to serve God's greater purpose?

And with that, I am off to work. Have an awesome day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment