Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Being Stretched

My life has become very busy lately. This week I have been volunteering at Adventure Week at my church. It has stretched me. A lot.

I love volunteering. I love giving my extra time to my church so that I don't have idle hands that will get into things they have no business being in. There is a large part of me that wishes I would be able to do something new, a situation that stretches me, a little more gracefully.

This week has not seen me and grace in the same room often. I'm tired, but I haven't "allowed" myself to go to sleep before midnight (though I am getting home at 10 p.m.). It really is my own fault. At the same time, I don't want to take something that will put me to sleep because I know that I will feel drugged well into the next day (the hazards of a sensitive system).

In this time of being stretched, I have met some of the most amazing people. Some of them are staff members at my church. Others are volunteers. The kids are just absolutely funny to me. They get up and jump around and sing and dance and just GLOW. It's really awesome.

Where I end, where my abilities end, where my strength ends, there God begins. I know God is growing me, though I don't know what for specifically, but I'm thankful that God loves me enough to know me and to grow me.

I'll post again on Sunday. God bless you my friends and I pray you are growing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment