Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stress

I have learned that me under an immense amount of stress makes me not able to write as well as I would otherwise like to. This means that I am not dealing with my stress as I should - by prayer, petition, and trusting God.

Today I realized that God has brought me through FAR worse than what I'm facing now, and I AM STILL HERE! I also started thinking: Is it more "holy" to suffer? Is it glorifying to God for me to walk around with a bad attitude and take it out on everyone? No on both accounts. All I'm doing is showing my butt.

On top of that, it's not inspiring anyone to want to get to know God more when I'm walking around with my face on the ground and grieving the situations in my life.

So today I choose to pick my face up off the ground, not show my butt, and praise God through this storm! Why? Because life isn't fair, and, frankly, I wouldn't want to get my just deserts because then Jesus wouldn't have died on the cross for my sins so that I could have a personal relationship with God.

"He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes." Deuteronomy 10:21

No comments:

Post a Comment